Sunday, December 21, 2008

Proud of dinner

Red chile seafood soup

Thank you Rick Bayless for putting this recipe in your Mexican Everyday cookbook. I just picked it up this weekend at the library and I saw this recipe and it immediately reminded me of the soup I used to get at El Pescador in Del Mar. I had completely forgotten about it until today. Man oh man, was it good. I also was happy to use three new ingredients that I hadn't ever used before. Epazote, chayote squash and guajillo chiles. Patrick liked it too but he only ate the broth and the lime wedges. Sean and I licked our plates clean. I saw that this recipe is online too. Awesome.

This is a perfect end to a great day. We got to meet baby Nate Dinoffria today and spend time with him, his family and our friends. Another great meal too. We got Dilly's and I got to have my Blazing buffalo sandwich. Yum!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Cute feet!

Jennifer Woods said...

I know, I feel like they look sort of funny like Frodo feet.