Sunday, November 11, 2007

We went to the foot doc

We went on Friday to the foot doctor for my foot pain that I've had since being pregnant. I still had pain 4 months later and I finally decided to go. I also thought that I could bring Patrick since he's really good so long as you hold him. Well, ha ha, that hope was out the window. We got there and he wasn't calming down. He was teething and hungry (earlier than usual) and he barfed what I'd fed him at the office just then and the tylenol I gave him for his teething pain...all...over...the...doctor. Like, all over the front of his freshly pressed button down dress shirt. From the collar to the belt...really, it happened. To make it even more embarrassing... apparently this is a famous foot doc, he is the team doc for the Phoenix Suns, The Rattlers, The Coyotes and others (I even saw a picture of Tanya Tucker). I felt really terrible. He was okay with it but I still felt bad. And Patrick was still hungry since he'd lost his lunch all over the doctor. So, I fed him again. I was very tired after this visit. :)

In case you're wondering about my foot. It's just tendinitis (sp?) and a bit of plantar fasci...something. He's going to treat me with 4 sessions in his office of hydrotherapy, sonic therapy and a muscle stimulator. I kind of thought this was a wacky way to fix it but after this first visit, I feet a ton better. Oh, and he's also going to tape my foot each time. I'd never had a "real" tape job where they spray some freezing cold foot spray, tape the foot, rub it with something that looks like a wax ice cube and then powdered. I felt like I was in the team locker room. Ha.

So, they said to bring Patrick again and that the next visits won't be as long....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh my! Nothing like a baby to keep things exciting when you least expect it.

Jennifer Woods said...

The last few visits have gone a lot better if you are wondering! :)