Sunday, June 8, 2008

Unbollweevably tasty food and an Elmo plane


Before you get distracted with all the tasty food, here's (finally) the picture of Sean's new ride. He was kind enough to let me drive it home the other day and I only stalled 4 times. Twice while backing up before getting on the road. It drives like a race car. It makes me want to be the next Danica Patrick. So super fun. And cute, don't you think? Let the drooly food talk begin...

This week, my mom came to visit for a few days and it seems like all we did was eat. Well, we did a good job at that. We went to Los Reyes de la Torta (second time for us, first time for my mom) for dinner Wednesday night. It's almost a joke how huge this food is - and how good it is too. That first picture up there is of a swimming pool sized goblet of strawberry milk. It's - for real - a 32oz+ sized cup of yum. We kept saying "mmmm, mmmm" after we'd take a sip. We're not super sure what's in there besides strawberries. It might be some cinnamon or some dulce de leche. Whatever it is, we're getting that again. We ended up taking it home and finished it for breakfast the next morning.



Sean got the Torta Del Rey (see tall tall sandwich above). King sized sandwich with king sized layers of flavor. I can't remember all that's in it but I am going to try...breaded pork, ham, breaded beef, tomato, egg, avocado, refried beans, cheese, banana peppers, jalapenos and chorizo. It's just nuts. So tasty. Something you are not going to eat everyday. I can't believe they make these sandwiches, it just makes me want to laugh - they're soooo big. It's the equivalent of a 64 oz Coke - in sandwich form. If I ever order this, I'm splitting it with 3 other people.



We topped off the meal with this unassuming plastic-clam-shell-packaged chocolate cake with flan baked on top. What what? Did you say flan baked on top of a chocolate cake? Who comes up with this stuff? Fluffy and rich and creamy. We can't get enough of this place. If you're wondering what Los Reyes de la Torta means, it's Sandwich Kings. True dat.




Patrick has been enjoying his Elmo plane rides to the bathtub. Here's a picture to prove it. He rests his legs on the wings while Sean pushes him down the hallway to the guest bathroom that houses his ducky tub. It's really cute. It makes bathtime fun for all!

Below are some pictures of out trek to Gilbert yesterday to try out some more customer and critically acclaimed food at Joe's Farm Grill. We're huge fans of Joe. I have known him (not closely) since I moved here in 2000. His BBQ joint was one of my larger customers when I worked at Coke. He's got great business sense and a clever menu and we are addicted to the BBQ restaurant Joe's Real BBQ - but I have to say that the Farm Grill didn't deliver for us. Patrick got the 4 cheese pizza, Sean got the bacon bleu cheese burger and I got the ahi tuna sandwich. No big deal. It wasn't bad food but it wasn't tasty - it was weird. Maybe we were hoping for too much. Too bad too, it's really cute out there and has a neat atmosphere (except for the swarming flies at our outdoor table). Nonetheless, it was a fun family outing and Patrick got to taste his first sucker. I think you should check it out if you don't care if the food doesn't blow you away. Except for the chocolate malt, that was pretty tasty. Get that. Okay...more food talk to come I'm sure. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Patrick gets cuter every single day!


love, nana