Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's starting to look like Halloween...


Patrick has been helping me in the garden, getting nice and dirty in the process.

I finally started getting holiday decorations. I figured that Patrick is now able to enjoy it, so I might as well start. Here's the first attempt at looking Halloweeny.


I also picked up a cute little sign for the front door and planted a few sweet potato vines in the urn. There are 2 shades of green and then two deep purple plants planted in there. Very fall-looking even though it's still over 100 degrees these days.


We stopped by the mall rides on our way out of Costco yesterday. Patrick thought it was pretty fun. He is looking so big!


So far we've had a low key weekend with Sean getting sick (poor baby!) and needing to study for midterms soon. Yuck! Also, if you didn't know about the knee update, he got a second opinion. While there are still things to be checked on, he is probably going to have to have surgery on his miniscus and ACL. The doctor experience was a heckuva lot better this time around. Thanks Dr. Chick!

I wanted to mention a few great flicks I've seen on Netflix. The Up Series was just awesome. It's a project of an English documentary maker where he's followed a handful of children (now adults) throughout their lives every seven years starting at age seven. This started in the sixties and there are still more movies planned. It think the next is for 2010 or so and the children will now be in their sixties. You have to check it out - it's really amazing to watch. Also, Outsourced is great. It was entertaining but really was pertinent for these times.

Check out this incredible photographers blog from San Francisco. There are the most incredible pictures of their kids on there. Just beautiful. I would love to learn to take pictures like this. I know there is a lot of photoshopping going on and I think I love that. It makes them all look so fantastical.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Patrick looks like he is 2 years old. He is really growing fast!

Anne and Rob said...

Where are the new growth stats...I know he had his 15 month appt! I was there! Hope you three are well!