Monday, March 17, 2008

Family lunch at Cowboy Ciao

We had a great food weekend. First, it started out with a batch of popovers -I know, the best...right? Then, I helped work at the West of Western food festival. The founders of Edible Communities (parent organization of Edible Phoenix - where I'm working part-time) came to speak about "The Art of Local Food." There was a spectacular slide show presentation and then a little bit of talk about local food and farms and the magazine. I had some great cheese and bread and tuna and dessert and well, I was just happy to help them eat all that great food. I will say that there needs to be a way to not have so many disposable plates make it to the trash.

I didn't fill up at the festival while Sean was watching Patrick. So, I picked up some sandwiches at Pane Bianco. We always split the mozz and tuna sandwiches. Imagine me doing the Homer Simpson drooly sound. MMMMMmmmm.

Then I can't remember dinner but I think I remember it was really great. Maybe Sean can remember. But, then Sunday rolled around and we met my parents, my aunt and grandmother at Cowboy Ciao. Aunt Lisa brought Patrick the cutest bear in a bunny suit toy. It's hard to describe but just so cute. See, the bear has a bunny hoodie sweatshirt. Oh, baby stuff if darling! And boy oh boy, I sure do love that Stetson Chopped and the Breat Pudding. I think I was officially stuffed by that point. But not for long...then came the corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's and corned beef hash with poached eggs for breakfast...mmmm, food is good.



As for Patrick, he's now scrunching up his nose a little when he laughs (sometimes) and I'm nicknaming him Mr. Destructo. We got some cool blocks to play with and every time I build anything over one block high, he has to knock it down...even if it means he knocks himself down. It's pretty funny. That boyish personality is already here!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Mmmm yummy. We have those blocks too and they are most fun to knock down. :)

Sean Woods said...

I wish I could remember what we ate... I just remember being happy! I'm a lucky man that my wife can make food as tasty and enticing as she does.