Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hike, Schnepf, Matchy and Mac


Patrick and I went on a quick little hike yesterday. We went to the Piestewa Peak Nature Trail. It was very nice. The weather was nice, the walk was nice, the snack was nice. It was very fun. I think I'd like to rent one of these ramadas for a party someday. Or if we were having Thanksgiving here, that'd be cool.

So, I totally forgot to blog or post pictures from when we went to Schnepf Farms with Chris, Beth and Wes November 1st. So, here are a few, in no particular order. If you want to see them all go here.


Here's a cute pic where Daddy dressed himself and I dressed Patrick in almost the same outfit, it wasn't on purpose, totally coincidence. So, we had to take a picture.


And this is my fabulous new idea. I have been freezing meals for Patrick in a silicone muffin tray. I am pretty excited about it. There are so many new frozen health meals for kids out there. I thought I would make my own. I have really enjoyed the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. This is the mac and cheese recipe - the one with squash not beans (I added some dried mustard and nutmeg to the sauce, and cauliflower florets, green beans and cannelini beans to the mix). Patrick loves it and I don't have to stress in the kitchen if he's hungry and doesn't want to wait for me to cook. I just pop a frozen muffin meal in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic or an upside down plate and cook for 2 min, mix and serve. So easy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - love the new look to the blog and love the news ;-) Keep it coming sweetie, this is always good stuff!

love, nana

CamilleJohnFam said...

Such a great idea....I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

The picture with Patrick and the hay looks like it should be from a magazine!