Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Birthday Boy

Swimming lessons came to an end on Friday. They gave us a certificate of completion and a popscicle.

Here's a picture of the pool that we've been at for the last 2 weeks. If you can see in the shadow, Patrick is leaning in for another lick.




Then Saturday was all about the big luau Patrick 1st/Jennifer 30th Birthday Party!
I think we had about 30 - 35 people in total at the party. The house was full of food and fun and shave ice.
The fishy take home boxes filled with aloha buttermints, shells and a beach monkey beach ball.
My mom's pinapple pupu platter from back in the day, good thing she's kept it! :)
I finally put up these cute curtains that I'd been hanging on to. I hemmed them any everything. Like our very own cabana!

Sean's surprise for me was to fly my friend Jenny in to town. When she arrived Friday night I was totally confused at first but so happy! Patrick was happy too!

Here's a picture of one of the cupcakes that Jenny and I decorated for the party. You might be able to see but we attempted to make a wave design with frosting and a toothpick at the bottom. Here's a link to the recipe.


We had a great day and I'm still washing dishes and doing laundry from the busy weekend. Boy was it worth it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

We really did have fun celebrating Patrick's first birthday and your 30th. It was great to see so many friends and family.

Ashleigh said...

Happy 1st Birthday Patrick! Crazy that a whole year has passed. Can you even remember what it was like before him now? The party looks super fun!